Waste Management is a module created to help municipalities, cleaning companies, and contractors monitor the process of waste management, collection, and removal. Using this module, you will be able to detect the status of your containers and the activities of your units and drivers. The module consists of 4 sections; Waste Containers, Waste Settings, Waste Plans, and Plans Statistics.
1- Waste Containers
contains the information of the waste containers added to the system. This information includes container name, type, district, RFID, vehicle, status, last pickup, active, and actions.
How to add a new waste container:
- Click on the (+) sign in the action bar.
- A new window will open containing the following fields:
- Container name.
- Type: type of waste.
- Detection: using two modes; zone and RFID. Containers with embedded RFID, use RFID tags to detect the status of the container. Containers that don’t have RFID, use zone mode to detect the status.
- Region-Governorate-Municipality-District-Neighborhood: used to set the location of the container.
- RFID: code or number of RFID related to the container.
- Active: used to decide whether the container is active or inactive.
- Radius: used to establish the radius of the container when you use Zone mode to decide container status, so when a vehicle assigned to the container enters this radius the system sends you a notification that the container has been emptied. Radius value could be edited from the Waste Settings sub-module.
- Pickup Duration: also used when you use Zone mode to decide container status. If a vehicle spent a certain period of time in a zone, the system will send you a notification that the container has been emptied.
- Location: pinpoint the location of the container on the map and it will appear in this field.
- Click Save to add the new container.
2- Waste Settings
in this sub-module, you can enter/edit the default radius and pickup duration for the containers that use Zone mode to detect the status.
3- Waste Plans
This sub-module is used by contractors to create and distribute work plans for cleaning vehicles. It contains a table with the plans registered on the system with the following information: plan name, main vehicle, district, neighborhood, waste type, number of containers, shift, and extra actions (edit, copy, delete).
To add a new waste plan, click “Add” from the action bar, and a new window will open.
Fill in the required information according to your plan.
– Name of the plan
– Start and end dates
- The main vehicle that is supposed to carry out the plan
- The backup vehicles, in case the main vehicle encounters any issues.
- Waste type
4- Plans Statistics
This dashboard contains the live statistics of all the waste plans registered on the system including the number of picked-up containers, containers waiting to be picked up, delayed containers, and the total number of containers. This dashboard also shows the numbers of main and backup trucks, the number of all registered waste plans with the percentage of picked-up containers for each plan.
The map shows the locations of the containers and the status of each container indicated by its color; green means a picked-up container, yellow is for containers awaiting to be picked up, and red is for delayed containers.
For more details about the plan, click on the plan name, and a new window will open showing the data and statistics of this particular plan.